Below are a selection of questions that we often get asked by our customers. Most of these questions are related to the buying of a pool table. However if you wish to discuss anything else related to our products then please feel free to either send us an email or give us a call. Our contact details can be found here.
If you would like to know more details about any of our other products such as football tables, jukeboxes, or tables tennis tables then please just get in touch.
Question: Will the pool table fit my room?
Answer: Take a look at our Pool Table Room Size Guide . Please be aware that UK pool tables have a pre-built cabinet and a one-piece slate bed. If you have any tight turns or feel access may be an issue, please send over photos or a video and we can advise.
Question: What is the cost of delivery if any?
Answer: Delivery charges depend on the product. Most items have free delivery (mentioned in the product description), although some have a separate delivery charge. The cost of delivery of a slate bed pool table is free to a ground floor location in England or Wales but delivery charges apply north of Glasgow and Cornwall. If delivery is to a basement or upper floor, our 2 man delivery crew will, if access allows, deliver to the requested location. The additional charge for an upstairs/basement delivery is £65 per flight. This price is to most areas of the UK and delivery is by our own delivery vehicles unless otherwise advised. Accessory and spares orders such as Pool Balls are usually sent via courier the next working day after receipt of order. Smaller items are sent by first class mail. All prices include VAT.
Question: What comes with my pool table?
Answer: Every pool table comes with all the equipment needed to play the game, 2 cues, a set of balls, triangle, chalk. If you choose to have your table installed then you may also receive a bonus accessory kit.
Question: Do you have a showroom?
Answer: Yes we have a showroom. It is currrently by appointment only. We do have a good selection of tables on display. For further details please view our showroom page.
Question: Will you install and set up the pool table?
Answer: Yes. The installation is usually quite straightforward although we would always recommend installation by our own trained fitters as the slate bed pool tables are very heavy. Our fitters would position the pool table, level it and leave it ready for play. If you choose to purchase our installation service which is £99 we will also give you a free pool table accessory pack worth over £80. Standard installations are to ground floor only. We can deliver up or down stairs but conditions do apply. See our guide - HERE.
Question: How long before delivery if I order a pool table from you?
Answer: Pool table delivery lead times can vary. We aim to keep a large stock of popular tables, meaning we can deliver many models within a few weeks. Some tables have longer lead times depending on the size, cabinet and cloth colour combinations. On all our product pages, we try to be as accurate as possible for each table, but please feel free to contact us to check this if you are unsure. If you are looking for a fast delivery section, we have a dedicated page for this.
Question: I am nervous about ordering online. Is my payment secure?
Answer: Once you've decided which equipment you want to buy, you can either place an order online, or call us on 0345 226 5758 or 0161 477 6691 from 9.30 am to 5pm Mon-Fri. If you pay by credit or debit card, we have a secure payment portal online, or you can ring and pay by phone. Pool Tables Online does not store your credit card details. You can purchase Visa, Delta, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Eurocard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, cheques (or C.O.D. with deposit upon ordering).
Question: What are your opening hours?
Answer: Our phone lines are open 9.30 am to 5pm Mon-Fri. We are contactable via email over the weekend.
Question: Why buy from us?
Answer: The Internet is a convenient shopping place, but who to buy from - why us?
1. Customer Care - Firstly we care about our customers, customer care is a high priority, we value our customers and are small enough to give personal service, yet large enough to provide the support our customers may require. See a small selection of testimonials from some of our many satisfied customers.
2. Business Premises - We do not sell out of a garden shed. We have a showroom, warehouse and our own transport, and we are available to talk to on the phone regarding your order during the times stated above. We have an 0345 number, which ensures you can always speak to us at local call rates, and not just a mobile phone contact.
3. Stock - We carry a large stock of tables and have forward orders with our suppliers ensuring that items ordered are either in stock or can be obtained within a few days in most instances.
4. After Sales Backup - Most of our pool tables are UK made, with the exception of our Dynamic pool tables, SAM pool tables, and a selection of our, and a few other brands as well as some of our pool dining tables which are made in Europe. We also pride ourselves on our customer aftercare and service. We have many repeat customers and recommendations from customers are a pleasing and important part of our sales.
5. Experience - The owners of Pool Tables Online have over 50 years of experience in the area of home amusements, including pool, snooker and jukeboxes etc and that experience is at your disposal.
6. Priority - We are domestic distributors for all of the leading UK pool table suppliers in the UK. Our orders are prioritised by them due to the volume of orders we place with them and the excellent business partnerships we have with them.
7. Choice - We are not a pool table factory/manufacturer! We specialise in the sale, delivery and installation of pool tables for our customers, and offer a range of tables from different manufacturers. Our range is based on quality, value for money and choice of features and styles. We can also obtain any other pool table not advertised on our site, or custom tables made to your specification. We feature what we believe to be the best range of slate bed pool tables available in the UK, and are not tied to one particular range that we produce.